Sunday 23 February 2014

Would You Rather...Beauty Edition - TAG




I fancied doing a beauty related tag today so found these questions in an amarixe YouTube video. I also borrowed the photograph from Belle-Amie. Hope you enjoy...

1.) Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lip glosses or lose all of your palettes and eye shadows?

This is awful already. My most prized make-up possessions are my eye shadow palettes, but really thinking this through, that is just one aspect of your face and make-up routine. Without all the other products listed, you would just have a very plain face. Plus you can use your eyeliner as a substitute for eye shadow, and make do with that and mascara to enhance the eye area.

2.) Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?

I have pretty much chopped all my hair off before (to a pixie cut style) and although I loved it, now my hair is growing I would prefer to keep it lengthening. However, even now my ends could do with a trim, so I can't imagine never cutting it. So, if I cut my hair off once, when it grows back can I cut it whenever I want? If so then I choose you Pikachu.

3.) Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?

Hmm. I don't really mind, I own both shades. Although pink is slightly more natural looking, so I shall go with that.

4.) If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?

Why can't I choose both! Due to the large sum of money, I would probably say clothes, as I think spending that small fortune solely on make-up at one time would be a tad excessive, whereas clothes can be pricier (even on the high street). Also if you chose timeless pieces, they can last for years and years, whereas make-up comes with an expiration date.So, I think clothes would be the wiser decision.

5.) Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?

Definitely eye-liner as lipstick. It would be like applying lip liner, which would give high pigmentation and a more long-lasting finish. I feel like lipstick for eyeliner could be a bit sticky.

6.) Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?

Sephora. I certainly shop at Sephora more now anyway. Plus they stock a variety of brands to choose from, so you wouldn't be as limited, than if you only wore Mac.

7.) Would you rather only use one eye shadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?

I would have to say eye shadow. I would wear my usual light brown shimmer from my Dior palette, as it goes with everything, and it is my go-to everyday shade right now. Lips are usually what finalizes a look for me. To be able to choose a bold red, or a dramatic berry, or a pretty pink can create numerous looks. Even if the rest of your make-up remains static.

8.) Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?

Either way it sounds like torture. I would choose to wear winter clothes in summer, just because winter is about layering so I could lose some of the layers? I do not fancy walking around in the snow wearing only shorts and a tank top.

9.) Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?

I love both, but dark nails are more me. I have always loved black nail polish, I am attracted to the way it looks on my toes especially. While my most used nail varnish is fuchsia, which is on the darker than brighter side. But it is a difficult decision, because bright nails are so much fun and are more cheerful to look at.

10.) Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?

If these are specific to your collection then I would prefer to give up my favourite lip product. My current favourite lip product is Dr. Lipp's Nipple Balm (reviewed here) as it does wonders for my lips, but I have replacement products at the ready. Whereas my favourite eye product I own is my Dior palette in 'Tropical Light' which gives me plenty of options, and I use all the shades; three out of five on a daily basis.

11.) Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?

These are literally the only hairstyles I regularly use. I am not great at hair, and do not experiment that often. I would probably choose the messy bun, I love the way it looks. Plus I think you can dress it up more, with accessories. Nevertheless I love a high ponytail, and sometimes a pony is the only way to go when in a rush on a bad hair day.

12.) Would your rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lip gloss?

I feel like I am trying to avoid the questions haha. Plain manicured nails would be fine, but colour is so much more fun and flattering. So, I pose the idea of using lip balm layered on top of lipstick instead of lip gloss and then the dilemma is taken care of. You can have painted nails and glossed lips.

13.) Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?

That is so funny. I love it. I would say shave them off, and then I would either tattoo them on, or use a normal eyebrow pencil to try and draw the most natural looking brow possible. Sharpie on my eyebrows everyday would be a nightmare to wash off as well.

14.) Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?

This is easy-peasy. I would much rather live without nail polish, I mean it can complete an outfit, but without any make-up at all ever I would never be leaving the house, so put together outfits would not be required. So, that's that. However, I would like to manipulate that question (a pattern seems to have emerged with my answers *avoid answering the question, make it suit you* haha). If it was the world without make-up or the world without nail polish, I would choose to live in a make-up free zone. Although I adore make-up, it's a fantastic invention, I would be interested to see if beauty would be interpreted differently if everyone's 'flaws' were always on show.

What do you think? Would it change the way we view beauty? And the stereotypical beautiful person? Let me know in the comments below...

Also feel free to do this Tag, it's a fun one to think about - leave a link to your post below too, if you complete it x

6 comments:

  1. If we lived in a world without makeup everyone would be appreciated for who they are rather than how much makeup they wear. That would probably be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I was thinking initially, but would it really benefit us that much? I'm not sure if it would be a good thing or not... make-up can cover up insecurities and provide people with confidence, but I guess if people were to go all natural we would be judged more on character? Or would it just stay the same and people born with great genes for flawless skin etc, just be lucky enough to be a rare breed haha. It's a difficult one. x

      Delete
    2. Yea, I suppose if everyone was natural, expectations of flawless skin and perfection would be lowered so people would have less to 'live up to' if you know what I mean? Hopefully other people could actually then take the time see past girls skin and view them as their personality, it is a tricky one though, I suppose we'll never know:)x

      Delete
    3. absolutely. So, we might as well make the most of the stuff! haha (: x

      Delete
  2. Haha I loved reading this. Decisions, decisions.

    xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,yeah you find yourself over thinking hypothetical situations to the nth degree haha. I'd love to read yours if you ever do the tag (: x

      Delete