Thursday 20 February 2014

Birthday Goodies



I turned nineteen years old today, on the 20th of February 2014. One year as a teenager remains, and I intend to make the most of it! On turning nineteen, I was very spoilt, I am extremely grateful and appreciate how lucky I am. My parents are visiting for four days over my birthday, so them being here is a present in itself, as there is quite a distance between us throughout term time, so spending good ol' quality time as a family is a rarity. They also came bearing gifts, which is a more than pleasant but unexpected surprise. I had asked for a juicer a month or so ago, and mum had agreed, she had said she would give me the money to purchase one, so I thought that would be my present. However they arrived with a few wrapped parcels - there is something about unwrapping gifts that makes it that much more special isn't there?


I received a box of chocolates (my old favourite, Milk Tray), the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, and a lovely warm blanket that matches my room for my bed, then out came the juicer. It is phenomenal, it is the Heston Blumenthal Sage juicer, and after testing it out today, I can confirm it works like a dream and I will be testing out weird and wonderful concoctions for juices and juices to come. The bonus being that it is a completely healthy hobby! Then came the totally unexpected surprise on which I am typing this post, an iPad air, and a case with a built in keyboard. It was completely unexpected and such a fantastic surprise, I had never really considered an iPad before, but I adore it, and will definitely get a whole lot of use out of it. It is practically a mini laptop, with the easily attachable keypad.











In addition, my Aunty got me the credit card version of Monopoly, a controversial choice I know...haha. But I have had my heart set on trying it out for a while, and a modern twist on such a classic should be a laugh. My friend (and flatmate) got me one of my favourite scents of all time, Next's 'Just Pink' in the 30 ml perfume, the hand cream and the candle. So thoughtful of her, and they all smell delicious.While another of my best friends went down a slightly more bizarre yet thoroughly entertaining route. The 'let's go to Poundland and buy the most random items imaginable', these included Tracy Beaker series 5, a One Direction goody bag, and a train set, within a very eclectic mix of presents.












Then the cutest present of all came from my little five year old cousin,who apparently had his heart set on buying me a notepad with flowers on it, but everything the adults showed him or recommend, he refused. until he saw the cutest little flower printed box filled with little cards inside. He has great taste, I must say. He even wrote a card out all by himself that reads "I LOVEY OU" which I will treasure forever.


A spectacular birthday was had, eating cake and enjoying my parents company, going to finish it off in a chillaxed way with a Chinese take-away, a lovely last teen-birthday.

What is your most favourite birthday gift you have given or received in the past? Let me know in the comments below... 

No comments:

Post a Comment