Monday 24 February 2014

Empties!

My absolute favourite blog posts, or YouTube videos are empties related. I get an obscene amount of satisfaction from finishing up a product. Even if it is not a favourite, I feel I have accomplished a task, I have used up something I spent money on. It's a win regardless. I am aware that's rather sad, but hey ho it's the little things in life folks.

Empty Products Galore!
I started collecting items for this empties at the beginning of January I believe, and I am rather amazed at how many various things you can finish in such a short space of time. I am going through a stage of attempting to clear out the clutter in my stash, and only repurchase a product if I have no similar products left in my collection. It's liberating.

Products I Used Up:

Original Source Shower Gel in Vanilla Milk and Raspberry - £1.20. It is super cheap, it lathers up nicely when used with a loofah (what a hilarious word, loofah. haha.) and smells exactly like raspberry yoghurt. Whilst also being completely vegan, and with great packaging. What is not to love?

Would I repurchase? Yes.
Product I replaced it with? Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash.

Nivea Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner - £3.45. I appreciated all the natural properties of this product, including the bio argan oil and bio aloe vera. However, this toner due to the natural ingredients is produced to be extremely gentle on the skin, and i prefer to feel like my toner is doing something. Despite that, the toner did remove any remaining make up and the fresh scent was delightful.

Would I repurchase? Maybe. Nothing I would run out to get though.
Product I replaced it with? Lush's Eau Roma Toner Water.

Johnson's Pure Cotton Make-Up Pads - £1 (roughly).

These were standard soft round cotton pads, perfect for taking off nail polish or make-up. Nothing unique.

Would I repurchase? Yeah if they were available in the shop.
Product I replaced it with? Boot's Cotton Wool Double Faced Oval Pads.

Roques Oneil Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts (sample sized packet of 100g)- regular sized 400g, £35.

The bath salts were lovely, full of rich oils and warming scents, creating a relaxing bath-time soak. I also had around three baths with my 100 grams so 400 grams would last you a long time. Nevertheless they have a cult status of being a miracle worker and getting you sleep like a baby, and I may have over hyped the product in my mind. I tend to spend a lot of late nights on the internet, and believed these would be the answer to my prayers and get me to have an early night when I got out the bath. No such luck. It is possible I tried too hard to get them to work defeating the relaxing purposes, who knows. But they did not work for me.

Would I repurchase? For that price no way.
Product I replaced it with? Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath and Shower Oil.

Express Nails - 8.99. I have reviewed these on my blog already (here) but would like to add that on the first day I lost one nail, but found it again and reapplied it but it just did not stick on right, so replaced it with another from the set, and they remained intact. I kept them on for four days, and removed them not because of losing any, but I had kept them quite long in length and they became a little bit grubby underneath so I decided to remove them. However, if I had shortened them I think they could have lasted a few days longer easily. I wouldn't recommend them for everyday wear, but they would be smashing for a special occasion. I also received many compliments whilst wearing them.

Would I repurchase? Yes.
Product I replaced it with? None. They are for special occasions, I will use normal nail polish usually.

Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion - £2.99. I love that this is a product I can use when being lazy. It is a one step product to remove any dirt from your face. I like that it stings a little, it feels like it's doing it's job. No water is needed which makes it hassle-free, and it actually works.

Would I repurchase? Yes.
Product I replaced it with? Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub.

Bath and Bodyworks Candle in Mahogany Teakwood - $20. I have already reviewed this product on my blog (here) and I stand by that to the very last burning second.

Would I repurchase? YES.
Product I replaced it with? Bath and Bodyworks Candle in Cinnamon Caramel Swirl.

Q: Radiance's The Fine Fragrance Body Spray - £2.29. I just used this on pop to the shops kind of days, it's a typical body spray. The scent of rose and bergamot was fine but not a favourite of mine.

Would I repurchase? Nope.
Product I replaced it with? Next's Just Pink Perfume.

Listerine Total Care Mouthwash in Clean Mint- £2.30. It was a usual mouthwash, with a stinging sensation. The burn makes me imagine bacteria being physically destroyed. Great stuff.

Would I repurchase? Yes.
Product I replaced it with? Colgate's Max White One Mouthwash.

Marks and Spencer's Earth Spa Intensive Cracked Heel Balm - (unsure on price, it was part of a set). This had the typical peppermint scent of most foot products, and was incredibly moisturising.

Would I repurchase? Not specifically.
Product I replaced it with? Weleda's Skin Food.

Three H&M Face Masks - £0.99 each. Full review of each on my blog (here)

Would I repurchase? Yes for an inexpensive treat.
Product I replaced it with? Ren's Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask.

Mitchum Advanced Control 48 Hour Strength and Protection Deodorant in Waterlily - £1.99. Smells pleasant, but not overpowering. 48 hour protection is definitely a stretch. Nonetheless, it is a good deodorant.

Would I repurchase? Yeah.
Product I replaced it with? Revisiting my Dove Roll On Deodorant.

L'Oreal's Preference High Shine Conditioner - (unsure of price, part of a home hair dying set). I did not rate the actual hair dye, but used the conditioner as a deep conditioner weekly. It smells lovely, and made my hair feel super silky. 

Would I repurchase? I'm unsure if that is possible, but the individual product is worth repurchasing. 
Product I replaced it with? Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Re-constructor Deep Conditioner. 

So, there we have it, a whole load of empties. Mostly quite positive reviews, so worth the money for the most part. What's a product you have finished recently? Leave a mini review in the comments, and don't forget to post your Blog URL with it... 



No comments:

Post a Comment