Monday 20 January 2014

Liebster Award!

I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award so early on in my blogging days, but I am so grateful to Ekta from http://theotherekta.blogspot.in/ for choosing me. The award is basically a platform for new bloggers to be discovered and gives the opportunity for them interact with each other, getting to know one another on a possibly more personal level, rather than just reading their reviews or informative posts.

Every blogger nominated in turn nominates eleven fellow bloggers with less than two-hundred followers, to answer a series of questions they create for them. It’s a little bit of fun with a lovely thought behind it.

My Questions From Ekta:

1.   Who or what inspired you to write and share a part of your world online?
I fell in love with YouTube, and the beauty vlogging community first, with many of the girls having blogs I began to read and read and read beauty and lifestyle blogs a lot, this nudged me to start my own, as I increasingly became interested in make-up and beauty, I thought it would be a fun hobby to share my opinions on products too.

2. You have time/patience for 1 make-up product. You grab...?
If I am dashing out the door, late for university, I cannot leave the flat without my concealer, no doubt about it, forget the rest (if need be). It gives me more confidence to be seen in public and not have the feeling of “I want to wear a paper bag over my head”!

3. Favorite genre of books?
I enjoy a book that makes you cry. The cathartic release of a drama draws me in.

4. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
An introvert, I like to think I have quiet confidence, but I am most definitely the listener in the majority of my every day life, and I am content being that person.

5. Favorite book or book series?
My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult, or The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I told you I like to cry and get lost in the story…

6. How much water do you drink every day? Honestly.
Zero glasses a day on average. I am terrible at the ‘eight glasses a day’ rule, I do not enjoy the taste of water, I would much prefer a juice or an ice-tea or a fizzy drink. People always seem horrified to learn of my dislike for water, but I just do not crave a glass of water - apologies if that offends you.  

7. Best gift you ever gave...
Oh gosh I have no idea, I’m not aware of the ‘best’ gift I’ve ever given someone, but this Christmas I did find a poster (in one of EssieButton’s Vlogs) that was perfect for my mum. It said “this is not a bloody hotel” on it, which was absolutely spot on for her, because she uses that phrase often. She laughed and loved it, which made the ordering and carrying it to the Middle East all worthwhile.

8. What or who makes you instantly happy?
Cadbury’s dairy milk caramel chocolate makes me happy, and watching YouTube videos of laughing babies or cute puppies makes me happy too.  Oh and my family and friends, they’re alright too ;)

9. Current style icon?
I will say Emma Watson, I think she’s chic and sophisticated, but also adds an edgy flavour to her style. However, I also really admire fictional character Silver’s boho grace from the now ended 90210, heck all the girls in 90210 were stunningly dressed, props to the designer.

10. On a scale from "Allergic" to "Rehab", how much do you love Nutella? The level just above allergic. I hate Nutella, because of the hazelnuts in it, I think it tastes vile. Chocolate spread without nuts in it is delicious though.

11. What is the meaning of life? (Sorry, I'm an over thinker, perpetually stuck in an existential crisis.)
In my humble opinion to learn, to love, and to experience as many of our hopes and dreams as possible, is the only purpose we can attempt to fulfill, enjoy every minute, you are here, so enjoy it. Also try to make a difference, even if it is a minute one (:

My Eleven Questions For All You Wonderful People:

1.  What is your favourite childhood memory?
      2. Your celebrity crush (female and male)?
      3. Your least favourite beauty related scent?
      4.  If you could only use one make-up brand for life which would it be?
      5.  What is your favourite nail polish name?
      6.What is your favourite part of your body?
      7. What is at the top of your beauty wish list at the moment?
      8. What is one thing on your bucket list (things to do before you ‘kick the bucket’) that you have already ticked off?
      9. Whose blog is your go-to blog for great posts?
    10. What are your opinions on twerking?
    11. What is an interesting fact you know?


The Bloggers I Wish To Tag: 

Jenny - northern-beauty.blogspot.ca
Stephanie - Stephanie1702.blogspot.com
Abi – beautyplusbooks.blogspot.co.uk
Charlene – tartanmouth.blogspot.com
India- touchscreensandbeautyqueens.wordpress.com
Lucy – apotofvintageplease.blogspot.co.uk
Jenny – fashion--geek.blogspot.co.uk
Layne – eleventhnotebook.com
The sist3rs – thesist3rs.blogspot.com
Hannah – hannahrosalieswords.blogspot.co.uk
Holly - littlemisswheely.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. I realize I was nodding along to all your responses :)
    I love the vlogging community too! And paper bags, don't we all have days we wish we could just walk around with them to replace our faces? You definitely don't need a paper bag.
    My Sister's Keeper is on my reading list. As for John Green...his works are gems. I think I fancy Looking for Alaska over TFIOS though.
    Not offended at all, just curious, about he water. I used to drink very less water, but now i guzzle it down. Probably has to do with moving to Mumbai as opposed to living in Nashville (where I grew up). Maybe you'll adapt too?
    Love Emma Watson's style, she's my pick too.
    I apologize for writing an essay, but I'm a writer, it's what I do. Also, I'm not the biggest beauty nerd in the world, so my blog and these questions are just, you know, things that fascinate me. Hope you don't mind and stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your questions, great fun answering them!
      I enjoyed looking for Alaska too, but TFIOS hit me hard, I just connected with the characters more, but all his books are exceptional when it comes to writing young women as real people, rather than this ideal type of pointless beauty, they all have substance and character, which I love.
      Yeah it would be great if I started to enjoy drinking water, fingers crossed it will happen at some point haha.
      x x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Natalie! I'm honored.

    Jenna
    Northern Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, can't wait to read your responses (: x

      Delete
  3. Congraduation !

    http://www.bloglovin.com/aurelie210

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natalie- I have just posted my response on my blog!

    http://littlemisswheely.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete