Monday 27 January 2014

J'adore My Dior Palette

Dior's five shade eye shadow '634 Golden Flower' Palette retails for £40. 


Can You Spot Me? Haha. 
Dior is a favourite of mine, in regards to higher end make-up, it feels and looks expensive (as it should at that price!). I received this Winter limited edition palette from my mum and dad for Christmas, and I died upon opening it (figuratively, not literally...). The sheer beauty of the packaging, as it comes in a little velvet pouch took my breath away. I know a tad dramatic but I do have a strange obsession for pretty packaging. The product inside did not disappoint either, the colours are spectacular, with shimmer galore they remind me of old Hollywood glamour, yet the shades can be manipulated into every day use, or for a more full on night time affair just add the centre shade of unadulterated golden glitter. 


The Pale Pink Does Not Show Up Well When Swatched.
 It is easy to create a complete eye look using only this tiny palette, perfect for travel or your handbag, it even comes with two miniature sponge tip applicators too, super duper handy for on the go. The palest shade is a perfect brow and inner corner highlight, while I use the natural pink colour all over my lid, with the lighter brown shimmer on the outer corner of my eyelid, and then the darker brown on my crease, and as an eyeliner on my waterline. It all really brings together a subtle and sophisticated neutral look, but with a touch of the gold glitter layered over the lid, instantly it's spot on for a night out. 


Day Make-Up.

It's Difficult to Not Scrunch Your Eyelids Up!

The eye shadows themselves wear very well throughout the day, and last for many hours. However my one issue with the palette is the golden glitter shade can cause a little fallout onto the rest of the face, not to the point where I could be a part of the Cullen clan though, so it did not bother me too much, as I do not mind a little shimmer. 

All in all, a beautiful addition to any eye shadow lovers collection in my opinion, and I hope to continue building up my Dior stash over the years, slow and steady. 

Have you got your hands on any Dior must-haves, or do you avoid the high end brand? Let me know in the comments below... 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful palette - soft browns and golds are always my favourite eyeshadow shades. I really need to add some more high end brands to my makeup collection this year!

    x

    p.s. Thank you again for nominating me for a Leibster Award! I have now answered your questions: http://tartanmouth.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High end brands feel so luxurious in your collection, they are a lovely treat, the next high end palette I have my eyes on is The Lolita by Marc Jacobs, oh my goodness it is pure beauty in a palette, if you are into neutral browns and golds check it out, I am all over it haha x

      Delete
  2. Check your emails you've won my give away x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great layout, do you want to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete