Monday 10 March 2014

Boots Haul


I took advantage of the three-for-two deals and multi-savings that Boots has on offer today.

I purchased a 'Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder', and I'm interested to find out if the qualities to minimize skin breakouts work. I also fancied testing out a new foundation, so picked up the 'Maybelline Fit Me Foundation'. On first impression it seems light and fresh. In addition, I had a coupon for No.7 skincare so used that on their trusty make-up wipes, two pounds instead of seven, what a bargain!

 I also bought two 'Zingy' shower gels, in mint, and then in berry. The mint is super minty (duh!) and the berry is super sweet (and both super cheap). I was in need of a new shampoo and conditioner in rotation, so I chose Charles Worthington's Volume & Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner, to try and add a little extra oomph into my hair. While another product that ended up in my basket was the 'Charles Worthington Longer and Stronger Hair Masque'. The properties apparently include formulation to help grow your hair to it's maximum potential length, so why not give it a go. 


 

On a friend's recommendation I purchased a trio of St. Ives skincare. This includes 'Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub', 'Moisturising Olive Scrub', and 'Daily Microdermabrasion'. Although the third is not targeted towards young skin, I was drawn to it regardless, so we shall see how it fairs.

Finally I picked up three 'Rimmel 60 Seconds' nail polishes. I have wanted a new black in my collection for a while now, so chose 'Black Out', then picked two spring colours to pair with it. I think I may try using the black as an accent nail, with the pale lemon in ''Round and Round in Circles' or the pastel lilac in 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary'. 

Have you been drawn into Boots due to the deals recently? What product do you wish to splash out on next? Let me know in comments below...

2 comments:

  1. I am terrible (or should I say "too good"?) at splurging in Boots or Superdrug - I'll nip in for one thing then end up with a basket full!

    I really love the nail polishes you've picked - that lemon is gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need a buyers anonymous support group, it's an addiction! haha. I am exactly the same, I know as soon as I step through the drugstore doors that I will be leaving with a light wallet, and a heavy shopping bag (:
    - Thank you, I am really looking forward to wearing the lemon on my nails, it's so appropriate with the lovely weather in the UK at the moment x

    ReplyDelete