Tuesday 25 March 2014

Bath & Bodyworks Candles (Mini) Haul!


 The scented deliciousness that is Bath & Bodyworks, never fails to drag me in by the nose. I picked up three candles, as there was an offer on, of three for two, to which I could not refuse. In the States these candles are $20 a piece. I always sniff practically every candle in the store, and then revert back to my staple scent of cinnamon. I do usually prefer heavier more winter-based scents, however this time since Spring has sprung I decided to travel outside my candle comfort zone a little, and chose more Spring appropriate candles.

I purchased 'Island Margarita', which reminds me of ripe apples and citrus fruit, that I typically find in shampoo scents. The green matches my kitchen, and with such a powerfully fresh scent, I thought it would be ideal for on the kitchen windowsill this spring-time.

The second candle I picked up was 'Beach Cabana' which follows the same theme, as the first. I can catch the hints of beach scents. To me though, it sort of smells like freshly laundered clothes drying in the sun, on a hot day. I find it amusing that I create these little scenarios in my head, that others would never patch together, all based on the scent of a candle. In addition, I adore the colour of the candle; the pale blueish mint combination will be perfect with my bedroom decor.

Finally I couldn't resist the more typical scent I am drawn to; 'Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut'. It certainly smells good enough to eat. For a girl who has given up all sweets, chocolate, and baked goods for Lent, this is the perfect smell to fill my room. It can also give the impression that you have been slaving away in the kitchen all day, baking treats, without you having to lift a finger. Although it may set off some real cravings! It is from the sweet shop collection, and I would love to try out some more from the range in the near future.

Have you treated yourself to a sweet shop scented candle recently? Let me know in the comments below...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment