Sunday 30 March 2014

20 Random Beauty Questions Answered! (TAG)


I stumbled across these questions on the interweb, and decided to answer them. If you feel like jotting down your responses, leave your blog post in the comments below - I tag you! 

 Let's get down to the nitty gritty!



1. What is the one product you’d grab if your house was on fire?


Currently I would dive for my Ren Radiance Renewal Mask (reviewed here). It gives the skin a wonderful pick me up; creating a smooth, clear(er) and radiant base, which would be preferable if all my make-up had been burned to a crisp!


2. Which beauty vlogger would you want to do your makeover?


I would love Tanya Burr to give me a makeover. As a professional make-up artist, I think I would trust her the most in regards to knowing what would suit me the most, and actually applying it how she intended. Plus the range of looks she has demonstrated on her YouTube channel is extremely vast. Therefore she could possibly offer me numerous tips on creating different looks, while still remaining true to my style. 
 

3. What celeb do people think you look like?



Kirsten Dunst.  


4. What beauty product do you save for date night? 
 I don't save any products for special occasions. Make-up tends to last for a long while, so I use my favourite products often, to avoid letting them just sit there collecting dust. However, I would probably suggest a good lip scrub. My favourite at the moment is Mary Kay's Satin Lip Mask. 


5. Which of your guy friends takes longer than you to get ready? 
 To be honest I don't think any of them actually would take longer than me. 


6. If you could create your own miracle beauty product, what would it be?



A dark circle eraser, for the under-eye area. One that actually works, making the dark circles completely disappear. That would be a dream come true for me.  

7. What’s your best beauty tip?


To remain loyal to your nighttime routine. Take your make-up off, cleanse, tone and moisturise, without fail. I do not abide by these rules on occasion, but my skin is always happier when I stick to my routine.

 8. What beauty products do you love to splurge on?



Eye-shadow. I love palettes. The versatility a good palette can offer is extremely thrilling for me. The creation of many looks; day to night all from one source; how incredible. It makes playing around with different looks so easy yet fun. High quality is key to keeping your eye-shadow in place too. No-one wants fallout all over their face, so to splurge on eye-shadow is alright in my book.  

9. Which beauty vloggers would you bring on a shopping spree?



For beauty products I think Essie Button would be my choice, I always enjoy her passion for the products she discusses, plus I think we would have a good time too. In regards to shopping for clothes, I love Zoella's style. When watching her hauls, I often fall into the trap of wanting to purchase everything she has bought. Nevertheless, I would most like to go shopping with Jenn from 
'clothesencounters' on YouTube. Her style is unreal. The creative spin she puts on all her outfits is unrivalled, from what I've come across, and I would love her to recommend me pieces. I think it's safe to say I have a clothing crush...  

10. What is your signature scent?



I don't think I have one. I do not have a staple perfume, that must be in my collection at all times; I mix things up, when I run out of a scent. Currently I am sporting Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique Femme Eau de Toilette. 

11. I am on an endless quest for the perfect _________.



Concealer. I have a large collection of concealers; for blemishes and the under-eye area. Yet, none are my ideal companion. I am still on the hunt for the concealer that makes me stop buying more concealers. In actuality, you shouldn't need more than one blemish concealer, and one under-eye corrector. You want to create different appearances with foundation (dewy or matte), eye-shadow (neutral or smokey), and lipstick (bold or soft). Concealer is there to cover up unwanted skin issues- that is all. You should not need countless concealers. Yet here I am with a box full.  

12. How many beauty products does it take to get you ready?


This one has boggled my mind, thinking about the number of products that go on my face on a daily basis. From the use of my first product (face wash) in accordance with my typical morning routine, to my last product (finishing powder) when applying make up, I would say it takes the use of approximately eighteen products! That is whole load of items that just go on my face alone, from eye cream to primer, to blusher, to lipstick... the list goes on and on. 


13. What lipstick/lip gloss is in your purse right now?


I have checked, and it is H&M's lip-gloss in 'All I Want Is You', which is a deep berry colour.  

14. Who is your celebrity beauty icon? 
 Cheryl Cole. I think she is stunning. I would like to look like her please and thank you. 


15. Name the beauty brand you’d most love to be a spokesperson for?
Rimmel. Although working for a high-end brand would be nice for the perks of acquiring expensive make-up, and attending (possibly) more prestigious events; Rimmel is my favourite drugstore brand. I love all the products I have tried from them, it is the most frequent brand in my collection, and I just think they are a great brand for great prices.  

16. What’s your current nail polish? 
On my nails right now I have Rimmel's 60 Seconds Polish in the shade 'How Do You Lilac It?'. This is indeed a lilac. A pale shade of lilac; lovely for Spring-time. 

17. Fave mascara right now? 
A mascara not actually in my collection at the moment, but one I am going to repurchase soon, Maybelline's 'The Falsies'. I miss it being a part of my collection. Perfect for creating long and voluminous lashes, for the fraction of a high-end price.

18. The last thing you bought at Sephora? 
A Sephora Mineral Compact Foundation, but that has since ran out. It has been quite some time since I had a trip into Sephora.  

19. I try never to be seen without wearing _______.
Concealer. I think that was a pretty obvious answer, when glancing at my previous responses. It gives me confidence, covering up any less than ideal skin situations. 


20. What’s one beauty product you’d always recommend? 
One product I would recommend would be Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' foundation. It is a lovely non-heavy coverage foundation, with a certain glow to it. Perfect for a little skin pick me up, if you prefer a dewy finish. I also do not find it to be too orange, or caking on the skin. Plus for less than ten pounds, it's a bargain. 


So, that is all folks! Thanks for reading, and let me know how many products you use to get ready in the morning in the comments below, or go the whole hog and complete the entire tag too; leave your link below, because I would love to read your responses... 

3 comments:

  1. Some good answers!

    I agree that there should be a miracle concealer that gets rid of dark circles. So far collections lasting perfection concealer is the one i stick to the most.

    Haven't tried Rimmels wake me up foundation yet but I'm keen to try it after all the hype around it :)

    Sammeh x
    http://www.oddsandsodz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree collection's lasting perfection is one of the best I've tried, yet still not my ultimate...the search continues!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Natalie! I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Details are on my blog :) Beth xxx

    http://doodleanddaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete