Friday 21 March 2014

Empties! #2



This month's empties is a month of necessities. I somehow finished a number of everyday products this month, which is extremely satisfying, as some of these products I have had for months...

On the oral hygiene front I finished my Colgate Max White One (£3.99), I enjoyed the gentle nature of the mouthwash, and I do agree with the whitening properties, they aren't anything drastic, but certainly something productive. The product I have replaced it with is the Colgate Plax Whitening Anti-Bacterial Mouthwash (now that's a mouthful...).    

I also finally got to the bottom of my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Butter (£2.99). I am shocked looking up the price, as I got this bottle ages ago, and I'm surprised at how cheap it is for how great it is. I love this stuff; it's incredibly moisturizing, it smells lovely, and it really does the job well. I'm currently moisturising with the Lavender Steam Cream.    

I go through Batiste Dry Shampoo (£2.99) like nobody's business. I tried the cool and crisp fresh scent, which was lovely and light and clean smelling (if 'clean' had a specific scent...). I love using it on days I haven't washed my hair, as well as using it for adding a touch of texture into flat hair. I have now moved on to the sassy and daring wild scented Batiste (oh la la...).

I have found the holy grail of cotton pads. I realise how ludicrous that statement seems, but I kid you not, they are amazing. The Cotton Wool Double Faced Oval Pads from Boots (£1.89). They are fantastic. One side is a compact surface great for applying liquids, and the other consists of light texture developed to aid the application of creams and lotions. I have purchased more already.

I used up my Next Just Pink Perfume (£12). This was one of my first perfumes ever, and I pick it up every now and again. It is a refreshingly fruity scent; lovely for the Spring-time, and compared to a lot of perfumes on the market it is great value for money. I received another bottle for my birthday, so I am all stocked up.

I also emptied my supermarket-brand Carino Herbals Shampoo (99p). This lasted me forever. I always have two shampoos in rotation, so the hair does not get used to the product, and stop the positive effects. I have replaced it with Charles Worthington's Volume and Bounce Shampoo.

I used up some Simply Sensitive Boots Wipes (£1.86). They are nice fragrance-free wipes. Fuss-free. I've opened a new pack of No. 7 Wipes now.

I reluctantly finished Lierac Paris' Dark Circle Correcting Cream ($ 20). I just didn't see any difference in my under-eye area. I am on the search for a good eye cream that reduces dark circles and this just wasn't the ticket. I am currently trying out  Dr Organic's Organic Dead Sea Mineral Eye Rescue Rollerball.

I burnt up two candles both from Bath and Bodyworks ($20 each). One in 'Watermelon Lemonade', which is is a sweet summer scent, I enjoyed the scent filling the room. However, I prefer winter- based scents, 'Cinnamon Caramel Swirl' is a mix of both sweetness and warmth. Each scent, like all Bath and Bodyworks candles, are true to the names on the jar where scent is concerned. I can't wait to pick up some new ones to sniff. Right now I am burning Next's Just Pink Candle.

I finished two mascaras. Sephora's Advanced Lash Booster (£15.50), and Mac's Studio Fix Bold-black Lash (£14). Both help towards voluminous lashes and lengthen them greatly. I prefer the brush on the Mac mascara, the plastic end is excellent at separating lashes, and creating a fluttery look. I am currently using a Model Co. mascara now.

I quickly used up a sample size of Espa's Refining Skin Polish. The fine exfoliate cleansed my skin and made it feel silky smooth.I would certainly purchase a full size.

Finally I finished up my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19). I agree with the masses, that it is a good drugstore cover-up. Nonetheless I am still on the hunt for the ultimate drugstore concealer, that truly wows me. I picked up two new blemish covering concealers to try out; Rimmel's Hide The Blemish Concealer, and Seventeen's Miracle Matte Concealer Stick.  

Apologies for listing so many products, but it's satisfying being able to sift through my rubbish...that's slightly odd isn't it? haha.

What is a product you've finished lately that you would recommend or repurchase? Let me know in the comments below...

         

No comments:

Post a Comment