Sunday 23 March 2014

Top To Toe Tips For Travelling!


I have a day of travelling ahead of me, as I am hopping on the coach to Heathrow (three coaches to be precise) where I've got a night flight to catch over to the Middle East. So I thought I would share with you, the outfit I am wearing. When I travel I like to be comfortable yet cute, so that's what I think I've gone for (or at least I hope so!). 

I opted for a pair of stretchy grey leggings from Zara, which work a little bit of magic in my opinion, they are incredible for sucking everything in! But remain really light and comfortable.  

 I would say my first tip is to layer. You don't know whether the plane/train/or automobile is going to be freezing cold, or super stuffy; the options layering gives you is you can bundle up in the cold or take a few off to keep cool. 

I have a black tank top tucked into my leggings, then a slightly cropped, textured mint jumper with half sleeves from Topshop, which is so soft and snuggly (yet spring appropriate too). Then I have a lightweight thin checked over-coat from River Island to pop on top, which is lengthy, therefore perfect for wearing over leggings. 

 My second tip is to wear shoes that are not only comfortable but allow easy access, for any security checks. I've been the girl who takes ages to get her boots off in the security que before; always a nightmare. Once one of them got stuck and lost in the x-ray machine, to the point where the airport staff were shouting "this lady has lost her boot!" "her what??" "HER BOOT! Have you seen it?". Rather embarrassing, to say the least.  

 Hence why I have gone for simple black, tasseled flats from Primark, as they slip on and off, no hassle whatsoever. 

 My third tip is to go without jewellery when traveling,in case it causes an issue when going through the metal detectors. So instead I recommend pairing the humble scarf with an outfit instead. It serves multiple purposes; it can be used to accessorize, to use as a light blanket, or even a substitute for a pillow. It also can add a pop of colour, pattern and style to your ensemble, without really trying. I have chosen a bright peach toned infinity scarf from River Island. The spring colours of both the scarf and the mint jumper underneath compliment each other nicely, whilst brightening up the whole outfit too.  

 My final travel tip would be to keep it simple. For example, I am not one to go without make-up when travelling, but I always stick with a natural look - "my lips but better",one eye-shadow shade rather than a whole eye-look, and hair in a secure but messy bun. It still gives me my confidence, but as it suffers the wear and tear of the long and hectic day it isn't as noticeable, so there isn't much need to carry a load of make-up with you in your carry on. I tend to pack all my make-up in my suitcase and just let it fade. Once I reach my destination I will have a proper wash and spruce up. 


















































That's it really, just a few simple steps to create a wearable outfit for travel. 
Are you going away anywhere nice this Spring? If so what are you planning on wearing? Let me know in the comments below... 

No comments:

Post a Comment