Monday 2 November 2015

Current Favourites!



Hello you beautiful human beings! I am well and truly back into my university routine, being in my third and final year now (of my Sociology degree at least!), it's the beginning of the end..eek. So now I'm back to my stash of all things beauty and otherwise, I thought I should sit down and tell you about my current favourites. Since my last favourites was an ENTIRE year ago (whoopsy daisy), now might be a good time to update you. Right let's get down to the nitty gritty shall we... 

Make Up

My lipstick and gloss combo recently has been the Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in 'Grace' (£22 for full size) which is a pale beige nude. I will say on it's own it doesn't suit my skin tone that well, due to my pale complexion, it can wash me out. However with my sheer baby pink Laura Mercier lip glacé in 'Bare Baby' (£19 for full size) on top, it is a perfect union, for natural everyday make up. Both products wear well, and sit comfortably on the lips too (especially the Hourglass lipstick; velvety smooth...oh la la). 




Nails

It is well and truly Autumn edging closer to Winter every single day. Although I must say the Autumn weather has been so mild this year, it's refreshingly odd, not complaining though. I've probably completely jinxed us UK humans saying that...sorry. That was a tangent, if I ever saw one. Anywhoo as I was saying the colder months are upon us, and so the darker shades make their appearance once more. OPI's deep purple named "I Carol About You" (£8.95) from the 2014 holiday collection has resurfaced from the depths of my nail varnish collection, and I really love it. OPI varnishes are great, they last well (with a top coat) I only retouch them every 3-4 days, which is actually quite an accomplishment for me and my nails. 

Scent


Mac's "Turquatic" perfume (£23 for 20ml) is super duper lovely in my humble opinion. Firstly the bottle is unique with it's floral and grass theme, which looks cool on my dressing table. However it's like a weapon, the edges are extremely sharp (keep away from children..and me. Just kiddin' kids it's not that bad). The scent notes include anemone, lotus, orris and Corsican blue cedar (honestly I don't know what half that stuff is, but it smells good all together!). To me the scent is quite a strong slightly muskier scent, with a hint of licorice, which sounds insane to me, I hate licorice to taste but I guess I don't mind it as a scent? How bizarre.

Hair

Co Lab's Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo in the Rio tropical scent (£4) is wonderful at making your hair last between washes, it absorbs oils and doesn't leave a white cast in the hair. The extreme volume version is great at adding that bit of oomph! to my limp fine hair, which is just smashing. 

Skincare

Sheet masks are such a fun pampering pick me up, they make you look like a scary ghost or serial killer, which is great for snapchatting (SUCH FUN!). I got my masks from China this summer, from Etude House (80p each), but there are many variations on the market. In terms of logistics I just pop the slimy sheet of skincare goodness onto my face for twenty minutes, and immediately after my skin feels so much softer and looks more plump with a renewed glow. 

In addition I just want to mention my Pink Grapefruit Hand Cream from The Body Shop (£4). It's a hand cream filled with moisturising oils, which make your hands feel beautifully soft. Really it's the pink grapefruit scent that makes this one my fave though. It smells delicious. 

Fashion

These shoes (£45) are a love/hate item. Clearly I love them. They're from Next, which is a tad unusual for me, as I never shop in Next, but I went in with a friend, and haven't looked back since! haha. I love the sophisticated school girl vibe the shoes give off. They are black lace ups (very past Natalie aged 10) but with a 3/4 inch heel (very present Natalie aged 20). They're comfortable enough to wear with skinny jeans on a daily basis, but look great with a skirt or shorts too for a dressed up look. 



Book

I am currently reading 'After You' (£12.99) the sequel to Jojo Moyes 'Me Before You'. I really enjoyed the first, a chick-lit filled with tears and laughter, and the second seems to be following suit. I highly recommend it, if you're into your light contemporary reads, with a bit of heart, and relatability thrown into the mix.

Food

If you are eating healthy look away now. You have been warned. Now don't judge me. This is a safe place; no T, no shade, no pink lemonade. Lotus Biscoff Crunchy Biscuit Spread (£2.25) is heaven in a jar. Grab a spoon and dig in. You're welcome. 

Item

My Primark 'Hello' lidded plastic glass. Perfect for on the go, but for me it is a big "HELLO! I'm a big glass of water, drink me, so you are the slightest bit healthier and stay hydrated!". Just a subtle hint to myself there. Plus it's super cute. 

TV

I am a decade late to the party but Prison Break is just brilliant. It has everything; suspense, humour, heart, as well as great plot line, script and acting. I'm obsessed, although still on season one so no spoilers! For anyone who has been under a rock, like me for the past ten years, Prison Break is exactly as it sounds, men with a plan to break out of prison. To me, it's like a testosterone filled Orange is the New Black. Just splendid. 

On the reality end of the spectrum I am relishing in the ridiculousness and trashiness of Are You The One? season three, which is airing now. Some of the girls are nutcases and some of the boys are poo-heads (pardon my French), but that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch. There is also a part of me who is like get me in that house, and let me meet my perfect match! Basically it is a dating show, where ten guys, and ten girls live together, and with in the group each have been matchmake'd with their perfect romantic partner. However they don't know who their perfect match is. They must try to work it out with their hearts (and their heads) to win the grand prize fund; but with twists and turns and make ups and break ups, it gets pretty cray cray. 

...and there we have it, all my current favourites, this was fun, let's do it again sometime soon. Please let me know if you have any recommendations, in the comments below, as I am always on the hunt for worthy products/time consumers. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment