Saturday 28 March 2015

NYC Sephora Haul & Mini Reviews!

I went a little bit crazy in Sephora one could say. However on a quick side note, I found it insane how many Sephora's there are in New York, when I was there last month. They seemed to be as frequent as Starbucks! Not that I'm complaining, but they did do a tad bit of damage on my debit card statement.



 I have included prices where I could track them down on the inter-web. Also depending on where the products are available I put them in dollars ($) or pounds sterling (£).

I picked up my most sought after item, I have wanted to give this a go for over a year; The Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment (£35). I am not disappointed at all. It is known as a cult product with a celebrity fan base, which made me incredibly interested in it, but sceptical nonetheless. It truly pulls the oils from the skin, and creates a clearer and silkier complexion. Although it does smell like liquorice to me, and I am most certainly not a fan of that.

Then I browsed the highly recommended First Aid Beauty range. I ended up purchasing the Pure Skin Face Cleanser (£24), the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser (£24), the Blemish Patrol Pads (£20.50) and the Facial Radiance Overnight Mask (£28). These products are much cheaper in the US however. I have been using all of them, and I can confirm they are all fantastic.The Blemish Patrol Pads are my favourite, as I love a quick easy product, a few swipes over the skin and your skin feels thoroughly cleaner.


I also bought an Origins Gift-Set to test out a few of their products. The pack contained a full size GinZing Moisturizer, and three sample sizes including the Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask, Modern Friction Gentle Dermabrasion and the No Puffery Cooling Roll-On For Puffy Eyes. I discussed the moisturizer and the eye roll-on in My 5 Step Morning Skincare Routine (here). The charcoal mask and the dermabrasion treatment (which smells lovely by the way), are both very effective in smoothing and brightening.



Moreover, I have previously mentioned my Elizabeth and James White Nirvana Roller-ball ($22), but it is super floral, fresh, and great for Spring.

Now onto the good stuff, the fun stuff, the make up stuff. My Marc Jacobs Palette in 'The Dreamer' ($59) is phenomenal. I used it in My Everyday Make Up Look (here). Also my Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes ($20) which gives such fluttery and defines lashes. Love it. The Nars Illuminator in Copacabana (£23) produces a subtle and gorgeous shimmer that can be used as a highlighter, or add a little to your foundation to get an all over glow. However, I do think my favourite product I purchased is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation ($38). It gives such flawless coverage, I adore it. It lasts perfectly throughout the day, and it makes me feel great to be honest. Kept for special occasions and nights out, or any time when you need a little something extra. Beautiful packaging too.


In addition I picked up a hefty amount of drugstore purchases too, which can be included in a post to follow, if you would like to see it. Let me know in the comments below... Also let me know any other products I should pick up in any future Sephora trips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment