Saturday 21 March 2015

What's In My Bag? (March 2015)



The bigger the bag, the more you stuff it with rubbish. I have tried, and somewhat, I believe succeeded in keeping the rubbish to a minimal. I adore my Michael Kors Jet Set Travel textured-leather tote. It is perfect for a jet-set lifestyle, as the name suggests, or alternatively to be used for everyday purposes. I tend to use mine on a daily basis, it is a perfect size for all my uni books, as well as everything else. It is black textured leather with gold hardware; so easily cleaned, and not so easily scuffed.  There is an internal zipped compartment in the centre, and two open compartments either side, with zipped and unzipped pouch pockets too. Great for keeping everything organised. Now on to what's actually inside...


This is typically what I carry around day to day. The only things that are changed up are the snacks and my lipstick choices. I currently have Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in number 12. This is a bright orangey-red, which I think is a fantastic transitional shade for the beginning of Spring. However I always carry a neutral shade too, in case I need a switch up. I have Revlon's Colourstay in 'Flashing Lights' in there right now. I love it! Such a subtle sheer shimmering neutral, that is easy to maintain. The only other make-up I carry is the Bigelow Apothecaries Rose Salve for my lip conditioning needs, as well as my Seventeen Phwoar paint concealer, and the Milani Even Touch Foundation in 01. These are just a few staples to touch up any make-up dishevelment throughout the day.

The bright is the no 12, the sheer is Flashing Lights.

Moving over to other beauty related products in my stash include my few sanitary products, a plaster and a packet of tissues for those caught short situations (we've all been there haven't we?) and then I also take citrus zest hand wipes from Marks and Spencer ,and Bath & Bodyworks 'Twisted Peppermint' scented hand sanitizer (smells lush!) incase I need to get out of a sticky situation (eating snacks on the go can lead to this). I follow this with The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit hand cream, to keep things nice and smooth.

Speaking of sticky situations, I have a stomach that will grumble at every most embarrassing moment. Also known as in a silent lecture hall. Hence why I come prepared with snacks, to combat this happening. An Alpen bar, and a Weetabix 'Toffee Dazzler' oat bar (these are very very yummy). In addition I bring a bottle of water, purely to make sure I drink enough of it.

Sephora's 'Always Fresh' deodorant wipes are great if you're out all day, or travelling and need a quick spruce up. I also take my Elizabeth & James White Nirvana rollerball on outings, to keep smelling sweet. I love the fresh floral scent, and it lasts well too. Speaking of fresh, my out of season Merry Christmas tin contains mints, and then I have my little tub of Extra gum to keep minty fresh throughout the day too.

The other bits I keep handy are a hair bobble, as I always end up putting my hair up at some point, it just feels better out the way. As well as my USB for any work I need to procrastinate over, a notepad with 'Random Crap' on the front. That does contain just that. A few pens. My passport for ID. Sunglasses from Urban Outfitters. My Instax polaroid camera (LOVE). My iPhone 4s. Sony Earphones. My floral Primark wallet (very sturdy, but very worn).

Finally I have 'The Guest Cat' by Takashi Hiraide, which I am yet to start reading, but ready to do so. I wanted to escape my typical reading, and try something different. That is why I chose a novel set in Tokyo, written by a Japanese author. I look forward to delving into it. Plus I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it is stunning.

Thanks for reading!
What are some of the typical (or unusual) things you carry day to day, that I should pop in my bag?



No comments:

Post a Comment