Monday 9 May 2016

20 Things I've Learned In 20 Years!

 


I've been MIA on here for quite a while now, and during that while I turned 21. Yay for being able to drink in most countries now! So, I compiled a list of tidbits I've learned over the years about myself and other things, that I thought I would share on here...

1. Set achievable goals. Achievable. Realistic. Non-ridiculous. It'll make you feel accomplished.

2. Learn to let go, even if you find it difficult. It can really benefit you. 

3. It's ok to make mistakes, they usually don't matter in the long run anyway. 

4. Bare faced with heavy black eyeliner is not a good look at 14, or any age for that matter.

5. It's alright to not follow the crowd; you do you boo. 

6. Let yourself be emotional, not all days will be perfect days. 

7. But then kick yourself up the behind, and gain some perspective, because you've had it pretty darn good. 

8. You're an introvert, and that is perfectly fine. 

9. Be your own best friend (only child syndrome!). 

10. Raw cookie dough is God's gift to us all. 

11. Saving money is not your strong suit. 

12. Spending money is. 

13. It's probably not normal to have had an unwavering crush on a celebrity for a decade (here's looking at you Zac), but hey I'm unique, not a stalker. Promise. 

14. Ms Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' will always be loved by you. 

15. Sometimes you surprise yourself and others by what you do, and that's pretty nifty. 

16. You still don't feel like an adult, but enjoy play acting at it on occasion. 

17. Nothing makes you feel more content than curling up on the sofa and watching mindless reality television, with a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Caramel for company. 

18. Continue to laugh often, even if others think it's too much. Your favourite joke that can be put to paper is "I used to play the rubber trumpet. I was in an elastic band". You can thank your dad for this one. 

19. The other is the 'Terror Wrist'. This requires actions, and is not as sinister as it sounds. 

20. You've had a fantastic start, and hope this learning journey, emotional rollercoaster and all the other cliches continue, as life's been blinking brilliant thus far. 

To the next 20 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment