Sunday 26 October 2014

Superdrug Haul!

I have been following the 'save don't splurge' motto for a couple of months now, in regards to beauty products, as my bathroom had been overflowing with products, and it was time for a detox! However since returning to university, I have finished a whopping 30+ products (is it sad that I'm keeping track?), which I thought was reason enough to treat myself.

Nevertheless I wanted to refrain from purchasing any body products, as I still have quite a few to get through, so I scanned the make-up shelves of Superdrug instead, and chose a few bits and pieces. I wanted to try something a little different for me, so decided upon items I wouldn't usually be inclined to buy, in order to diversify my make-up collection, rather than picking up another red or nude lipstick as I tend to do quite often.

So, while scrolling my Tumblr dashboard a week or so ago, I saw a girl with fair skin rocking a super dark purple lip, and I was like wow! that really suits her. This surprised me due to her fair complexion, and as a girl with pale skin myself, it gave me the courage to test out a darker more unusual lip look. I checked out the drugstore make-up brands for a deep purple, and there seem to be very few available, I assume because the colour is a little less commercial, possibly making it more of a high end buy. Nonetheless I found one I adored by Revlon, and it was the last one available so I snatched it up. The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, in the shade 'Va Va Violet'. I think it is one I will be wearing on most nights out throughout the Winter period most definitely. I also picked up a more vibrant berry toned fuchsia lipstick of the same brand, in 'Wild Orchid', which is a bit more daytime appropriate.




I also got my hands on Maybelline's 'BROWdrama', in medium brown. This is a sculpting brow mascara. I have never tried setting my brows before, after filling them in, but this seems to add a lovely finishing touch to my brows, once I've filled them in with my trusty Soap and Glory Archery pencil.


Usually Rimmel is my go-to for nail varnishes, but I broke out of that rut, and chose some Barry M Hi-Shine Nail Paints, as I have heard such great reviews for the brand. I chose a muted green in 'Cardamom', a dark red named 'Chili' and a mustard yellow in..you guessed it..'Mustard'. They are such autumn appropriate shades, I love them all (and their names are adorable!).


Then last but certainly not least, I picked up the 'Sugar and Spice' blush and contour palette by Revolution. The palette is comprised of two extremely shimmery highlighter shades, two bright pink blushers, a peach blusher, a deeper pinky red blusher, and two more brown shades that could be used for blusher or contouring. The entire palette is HIGHLY pigmented. There was certainly a learning curve to finding out I needed to apply the smallest amount of product to the brush, or I came out looking like a clown. I can't recommend this product enough (thus far) as I love the range of colours, and the fact you only need to use such a little amount means it will last me forever.


All in all I am so happy with my purchases, and thoroughly enjoyed branching out of my comfort zone when it comes to make-up products and I can't wait to see all the different looks I am able to achieve with my new products.

Let me know in the comments below if there is anything I would test out that you have purchased recently...

Nat xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment