Sunday 8 June 2014

MTV Casting Party!


There has been a recent surge of interest in filming reality shows in the Middle East, and so when the opportunity arose to attend an MTV casting party at a prestigious social club, I jumped at the chance. By no means did I want to audition for it, but I was intrigued as to what the event would be like. Plus the views from the 54th floor were supposedly spectacular (my ears popped when going up in the lift! But yes the views were gorgeous). The casting was for 18-24 year olds, so it was free entrance for anyone on the guest-list in that age bracket (bonus!). On arrival they asked for our individual photographs to be taken, and then to state your name and age for the camera. I avoided the speaking portion, as I wasn't aware it was just stating facts about yourself. I thought it was an on the spot interview; I was worried I would have stumbled over my words! 



As the evening progressed, a couple of my friends were scouted, and asked to interview for the show. Very exciting! That's me, always the bridesmaid, never the bride... haha. Nevertheless, I throughly enjoyed drinking, dancing, and chatting the night away in great company. 

The dress code was 'Dress To Impress; Show Off Your Individual Style' so I opted for a rather summer evening appropriate ensemble, consisting of my bright floral dress from Urban Outfitters, paired with my Primark flatforms and River Island clutch. I also wore a bright red lip (Rimmel's Kate Moss No. 10) to tie in with the red roses on the dress. 



Overall I had a fantastic time, and who knows maybe I was mixing with future celebrities... 

Would you like to audition for a reality show? Let me know in the comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment